Evening and Weekend Shifts - PRN
- Provides a consistent high quality hospice experience for every patient and family served by:
a. Triaging phone calls to identify patient and family needs
b. Monitoring and coordinating with extended services staff to complete home and hospital visits as appropriate
- Utilizes the nursing process and coordinates with other IDT members to provide for the physical, spiritual, psychosocial, financial and bereavement needs of the patient and family.
- Practices safe medication management according to professional standards which requires successful completion of medication mathematic skills competencies.
- Proactively communicates with appropriate Manager/On Call/designee to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner
- Coordinates with consultant pharmacist and attending physician to optimize symptom management.
- Maintains continuity and consistency of care by:
a. Recording all pertinent information in a concise, effective manner according to organizational standards.
b. Completing documentation in the patient’s electronic medical record by the end of the assigned shift.
c. Providing hand off communication according to established policy and procedure.