The Digital Equity Mentor is a Part Time Position of 19 hours per week; not benefits eligible.
If you have a passion for technology and like helping others to understand technology…. Do we have an opportunity for you!
Stavros is hiring a part-time Digital Equity Mentor to help us develop training materials and teach people with disabilities how to use technology within the Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin counties.
The Digital Equity Mentor will help consumers who have disabilities develop digital literacy skills, which will enable them to have access to education, economic, social and health opportunities. This position will focus on increasing independence through equal access to technology aligning itself with the Stavros mission!
As a Digital Equity Mentor you will:
- Develop a curriculum to teach people with disabilities technology/digital skills to consumers.
- Routinely meet one-on-one to connect consumers with other appropriate trainings/resources as necessary.
- Conduct focus groups to assess the needs of people with disabilities.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate any technology/digital skills training consumers might need and assist them with signing up for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
List of Qualifications:
To be a Digital Equity Mentor you will need to be:
- Knowledgeable of computer programming
- Able to clearly and concisely develop training materials that demonstrate how certain computer programs operate.
- Able to teach consumers about digital literacy.
- Knowledge about assistive technology for individuals who have disabilities is a plus.