Come Smile with Us!
Do you have excellent problem solving skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment? Then we have an opportunity for you! Delta Dental of Iowa is seeking a detail oriented and proactive Executive Assistant to support multiple Vice Presidents and their teams. Use your organizational and critical thinking skills to support our Marketing, Sales, and Public Relations teams. You will make independent decisions quickly and think critically while working with effectively with cross functional teams.
If you love to organize calendars, schedule meetings, prepare meeting materials, book travel, manage expenses and support the general needs of an executive team, apply today! You will also record and prepare committee minutes, manage promotional budget and review and purchase all promotional material. Help plan events by securing venue; selecting and ordering food; and setting up and addressing attendee needs. You will attend monthly Medix Board meetings and record minutes and public Board of Directors report in a timely manner for companies within Delta Dental of Iowa’s independent subsidiary.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Manage VP’s calendars, plan and schedule internal and external meetings accordingly while anticipating conflicts and solving scheduling issues.
- Complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems.
- Use innovation and initiative to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Record, prepare and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Lead assigned projects with a high level of initiative and judgement.
- Develop, write and finalize presentations, letters and memos from concepts. Proofread written documents and financial information for accuracy.
- Complete administrative reports that provide information regarding quote and sales activity, marketing projects and budget updates.
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports for all employees within the assigned departments while meeting tight deadlines. Code and prepare all check requests and process invoices.
- Research and develop information to respond to inquiries from internal contacts and other outside parties while maintaining a positive company image.
- Assist with social media and conduct research.
- Assist the Sales team in answering RFPs (request for proposal), researching prior RFPs and gathering current information and preparing documents for professional presentations.
- Responsible for budget of promotional material as well as purchasing and packaging for multiple departments.
- Attend vendor shows to remain current on new promotional products that come on the market.
- Manage the events and conference schedule for all applicable parties coordinating events as well as participation by internal team members.
- Attend monthly Board meetings, record minutes and publish Board of Directors report in a timely manner for companies within Delta Dental of Iowa’s independent subsidiary.
- Manage all aspects of the annual DDIA Graphic Survey.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years combined experience in an executive assistant capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to make independent decisions quickly and prioritize work.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- CRM (Client Resource Management) and InDesign experience a plus.
- Marketing and Sales experience preferred.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement