Philbrook Museum of Art is seeking a full-time Custodian to join our fast paced, hardworking, Custodial Services Team!
Nestled in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, Philbrook Museum of Art is a 1920s Italianate Villa featuring a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions and galleries with selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 15,000 objects. With artworks from Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe dating from 3,000 BCE to today, Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
Our Custodial Services Team is primarily responsible for maintaining a consistently clean, safe and welcoming facility. As a member of this team, you will perform custodian duties within an assigned area to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, disinfecting, polishing, removing trash/recycling, and other general cleaning tasks. Work in this position may be performed indoors or outdoors. To be successful in this role, you must maintain reliable attendance in order to perform the essential duties.
Primary Essential Responsibilities
- Ensures all Museum premises, within an assigned area, are cleaned thoroughly and carefully on a regular schedule and as needed. Tends to safety concerns in an urgent manner.
- Collaborates across departments in the performance of cleaning duties in sensitive areas such as galleries or storage rooms.
- Partners with the Events Team/Facilities team to ensure appropriate housekeeping services in preparation for, during, and following events.
- Will monitor and/or participate in supply, furniture, and equipment moving activities, as needed.
- Maintains stock of cleaning supplies and materials.
- Supports efforts to organize and relocate items in storage.
- Serve as a key member of the Emergency Response Team
- Foster a culture of collaboration.
What You Will Bring
- A High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of custodian experience
- Experience with a range of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodian work.
The successful candidate…
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, carry 35 pounds, and push up to 200 pounds. Required standing and walking 80% of the time.
- Is reliable, conscientious, and attentive to detail; and comfortable working in settings requiring a high degree of accuracy and care.
- Has the ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read correspondence, diagrams, and technical manuals; write documents following prescribed formats; and/or present information to others.
- Can understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Has the ability to work independently and collaboratively, using judgment and discretion to complete job duties, projects, and assignments.
You must be available 11am - 6:30pm Wednesday through Sunday
Full-time work at 35 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Information:
- Hourly rate of $15.00
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan and matching
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.