Position Title: Contracts & Grants Pre-Award Administrator
Position posting date: 08/29/23
Position start date: ASAP or until filled
Salary/Range: $47,000 - $72,000 annually (based on experience and education)
Status: Full time 40 hours per week, benefits eligible
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Hybrid Position with hours between 8:00am to 4:30pm
Service/Division: CORE Research Administration/Accounting & Contracts and Grants Pre-Award
Work Location: VMRF/Hybrid
Job Code: MS 1314
- Oversees pre-award grants administration tasks of a complex portfolio including federal grants and contracts, sub awards, clinical trials, industry- and foundation-sponsored funding, large program projects, recharge centers, donations, and administrative accounts.
- Interprets contract and grant requirements and funding agency guidelines.
- Notifies Principal Investigators (PIs) of grant application submission deadlines.
- Provides training to scientific support staff in the preparation of grant applications, and PIs and their staff in complying with all administrative responsibilities.
- Coordinates pre-submission documentation with PIs to ensure timely submission to VA Research Administration.
- Keeps up-to-date on research compliance laws, policies, and guidelines across institutional lines and sponsoring agencies (NIH, DOD,etc.)
- Coordinates and oversees project compliance.
- Prepares preliminary, reviews, and ensures accuracy of final budgets for applications.
- Reviews and recommends budget justification language to provide clarification for budgets.
- Timely completes and submits grant applications in assigned portfolio.
- Resolve complex, sensitive, and other non-routine issues related to contract negotiation or administration.
- Coordinates Just-in-Time agency requests and submitting the required documentation by stated deadline.
- Ensures agency regulatory compliance: IRB, IACUC, R&D, COI, Congruency Checks, prior to an award.
- Independently handles special C&G departmental projects to completion as assigned.
- Assists with developing department and institute procedures.
- Assists with data analysis and preparation of departmental reports.
- Maintains and updates electronic and hard copy pending and awarded files.
- Interacts with researchers, their staff and agency personnel, answering basic questions related to grant activity.
- Performs all other pre-award grants administration activities not defined herein as may be required by VMRF, the funding agency or any other pertinent entity.
- Assists with institutional compliance oversight, weekly and monthly management reporting, year-end reporting, and ongoing coordination regarding administrative matters between VMRF, the Sponsor and the Principal Investigator (PI) and/or their designee.
- May lead internal monitoring and auditing related to research compliance matters working with C&G Director.
- Reports on potentially unsafe conditions.
- Works well with others.
- May perform additional duties as required.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or University and at least 6 months to 4 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.