Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Vice President of Project Management of Execution (VPPME) to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) team. The candidate is expected to have project execution responsibility (Engineering & Procurement, Construction, through the hand-over to Operations) for the company’s rapidly growing portfolio of anaerobic digestion (“AD”) assets across the US producing Renewable Natural Gas (“RNG”) for injection into the US natural gas pipeline infrastructure. In addition, the VPPME will be responsible for coordinating with EHS, Technical Services, Operations, Asset Management, Environmental Markets, and Procurement to support the growing company. The VPPME will be the leader and ensure healthy relationships with stakeholders are mutually beneficial and decisions are made in the best interest of Brightmark, while also coordinating with FP&A / Accounting to produce financial reporting.
The ideal candidate will have specific experience in people leadership, development of a culture that is focused on people development and delivering for the business, and delivering energy assets including EPC execution, strategic partnership, risk and contract management, 3rd Party and Stakeholder Agreements, cost and project controls. This will include experience in the execution of a portfolio of diverse assets in the renewable energy and / or conventional power sectors. The successful candidate will also engage in considerable interaction with the origination, development, and legal organizations within Brightmark, hence prior renewable energy project development and execution experience is a plus.
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company standards and policies, particularly its EH&S policies.
- Establish and enforce safety and environmental standards for sites while driving a strong culture of construction execution discipline.
- Develop and maintain a culture that aligns with the company’s mission and vision.
- Delivering projects through a team of Project Managers that are competitive and predictable across the portfolio.
- Build and strengthen internal processes: project controls (cost and schedule), risk management, lessons learned, stakeholder management, and the handover to operations.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Lead and support business strategic initiatives that strengthen Brightmark’s internal project execution model and support a high growth portfolio.
- Management of all EPC and strategic supplier's contracts and commitments including the improvement and delivery of projects within budget, schedule, and quality.
- Advance strategies to improve project execution and financial performance and protect long-term value.
- Support in the development and implementation of execution strategies and objectives.
- Develop and implement project execution cost risk management tools and procedures to assist with improved execution predictability.
- Address technology, system, process, and business challenges with a mindset of constant improvement.
- Manage smooth transition from project construction to operational fulfillment to ensure highest level of site performance.
- Monitor market and regulatory affairs to determine actual or potential impact to current and future assets.
- Support the origination and development teams on new facility developments.
- Support in refinancing and/or M&A activities.
- Management of emissions (if applicable) and assure regulatory and environmental compliance.
Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- MBA or Equivalent Experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of extensive industry / leadership experience required, particularly in the areas of construction of infrastructure assets and risk.
- Leadership and People Management including experience coaching team members to improve their individual and collective impact.
- Proven experience with Strategic Partnerships and in Contract Negotiations.
- Proven track record in delivering projects; Engineering & Procurement, Construction, through project hand-over to Operations.
- Highly collaborative who seeks win / win solutions.
- Track record of achievement and career progression
- Strong health and safety record.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation