Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa is seeking a collaborate, creative, and analytical Product Manager to manage existing dental and vision product portfolios and new products as they are developed. This is an opportunity to ensure commercial and marketplace metrics are met while providing immediate and long-term strategy, market analysis and financial performance leadership. You will be responsible for the creation, modification, removal/sunsetting and ongoing management of dental and vision products. Use your excellent interpersonal skills to provide leadership/guidance, collaboration and communication of all current product initiatives and strategies to relevant participants and stakeholders, both internal and external and ensure that all federal and state regulatory requirements are followed in Delta Dental of Iowa’s current and new markets.
You will lead activities related to CMS and insurance division filings, including research and analysis of the federal and state proposed rules, regulatory issues and ensure products are in compliance with the applicable final laws and rules using your insurance related experience. In addition, you will complete timely and accurate Federal and State product filings, including review and revision of policy and benefit documents, applications and change forms and website and marketing materials to ensure pertinent federal and state requirements are met. You will also manage system and retention of all filed documents and filings. Work across all areas of the organization as well as outside clients, vendors, and partners; demonstrate flexibility; and represent company on association and industry calls and meetings as needed.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Evaluate and monitor products and services in current and future product portfolio for financial and market impact and make recommendations for creation, modification or removal/sunsetting.
- Lead product development processes and implementation process. Serve as project manager to ensure all work is completed timely and accurately.
- Lead Product Team tasked with monitoring data and financial analysis of current product portfolio, while ultimately being charted to reach financial/market goals with products.
- Provide leadership/guidance, collaboration and communication to all internal and external stakeholders’ necessary for successful outcomes.
- Lead and execute federal and state filing processes, managing associated project teams.
- Work closely with data analytics and Underwriting to conduct detailed analysis of product/market trends, competitors and business partners to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Research and analyze federal and state rules/regulations pertaining to our core products and ensure timely and accurate disseminating of information throughout the organization as necessary.
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain the HCR implementation documentation including all content and process for all filed document retention system.
- Review and update policies, certificates, forms, benefit charts, marketing and website materials and plan designs.
- Educate the organization on emerging regulatory issues.
- Coordinate product development needs/activities with other Delta Dental member companies and DDPA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of related business experience.
- Dental, vision, and/or insurance industry experience or knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to continually gather and analyze data and business intelligence from all sources in order to build the case for strategic product direction and recommendation(s).
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to apply critical judgment.
- Computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, intermediate to advance excel user.
- Understanding of or aptitude to complete electronic filings and interpret/apply statutes, regulations and the Health Care Reform law.
- Strong consumer orientation and project management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Experience with data mining, data and financial analysis, business/marketing plans and working against tight deadlines.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and travel as needed for Delta Dental Association and industry meetings/conferences.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement