CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the role
CloudBees is seeking a Director, Global Controller to lead its worldwide accounting operations.
This position will lead the timely and accurate production of financial statements in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), as well as manage the company’s worldwide accounting operations, including financial reporting, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and subsidiary accounting.
The Director, Global Controller will implement and maintain internal controls and processes on an ongoing basis to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the Company’s financial statements, forecasts and other types of financial reporting.
The role can be based in Ireland, UK, Switzerland or US East Coast.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to the VP, Accounting and interface with the rest of the Finance organization, senior management team members, board of directors, investors, and debt holders.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and other local accounting standards.
- Ensure that Company financial statements are timely, accurate and complete in accordance with US GAAP and other local accounting standards.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a best-in-class accounting department.
- Manage the company-wide consolidation and financial statement close process to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Implement and monitor internal controls policies to ensure best in class controls environment.
- Monitor, forecast and report debt covenants to the Company’s lender.
- Prepare, review and approve technical accounting memos and discuss the Company’s accounting methods and practices with external auditors, senior leadership and other interested parties.
- Develop and implement various accounting procedures as well as develop, implement and upgrade financial systems and controls.
- Identify opportunities for automating processes and increasing efficiency.
- Assist with accounting integration of acquisitions, mergers and other business ventures.
- Determine the accounting implications for all material business decisions.
- Oversee communications with external auditors on external financial statements, accounting issues, and company decisions on accounting disclosures.
- Manage the renewal of certain CloudBees’ insurance policies.
- Work closely with FP&A team to align processes and review forecast materials as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, preferably from an accredited US university.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), licensed in the United States.
- At least 8 years’ progressive experience in accounting, including at least 3 years as an auditor in public accounting.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, with experience in addressing complex accounting issues.
- Demonstrated experience in management, including mentoring and developing talent.
- Experience in a technology or software company is highly desirable.
- Public company financial reporting experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of professional accounting software. NetSuite experience preferable.
- Experience using SalesForce.
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across different functions and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to change.
- A work history demonstrating a high attention to details.
This is a fully remote position, with preferred candidates in the US Eastern Time Zone, UK, Ireland or Switzerland. Some international travel is required.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers.
Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment. All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker.
If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately.
If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.