OpenLoop is looking for a Lead Certified Medical Assistant to join our team remotely or at our HQ ****in Des Moines, Iowa. The Lead CMA will be the first point of contact for CMA questions and low level escalations.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the clinical team to provide comprehensive care to patients
- Assist managers with maintenance of efficient patient flow and quality of team members
- Advise and provide guidance to CMA’s throughout their shifts.
- Act as a liaison between management and team members
- Assist management with training of new and existing team members
- Assists the physician by acting as a liaison on behalf of the patient to schedule
- Collaborate with CMA managers to improve processes and address team needs.
- Provide patients with scheduling information to obtain specialty testing, and/or specialty physician consultation.
- Reconcile EHR Data and update consult notes by documenting patient data, treatments, procedures, and patient education.
- Complete intervention recommendations with patient from provider.
- Document all patient calls in the EHR and help patients meet goals outlined in the provider's care plan.
- Assist Physician with medication refills, confirming medication compliance with patients.
- Answer calls and route all incoming correspondence to appropriate staff.
- Support patients and team members with use of videoconference technology.
- Manage patient registration and scheduling.
- Some administrative and operations duties as assigned.
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Generous PTO
- Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- 3-5 years CMA experience in various specialties required
- 1+ years CMA Lead experience preferred
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training from an approved technical school and Certification from an eligible board (NHA, NAHP, AAMA)