OpenLoop is looking for a Director of Certified Medical Assistants to join our team remotely or at our HQ in Des Moines, IA. The Director will be responsible for managing a team of CMAs to ensure efficient and effective delivery of medical assistance and support services.
About the Role
This role will lead, supervise and coordinate the activities of Certified Medical Assistants and Clinical Quality Assurance Specialists to maintain high-quality patient care, regulatory compliance, and operational excellence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Team leadership including recruiting, training, mentoring, and supervision
- Foster a positive, collaborative work environment, promoting professional growth
- Maintain tracker of team member certifications, ensuring continued education and renewal requirements are met
- Collaborate with CMA Leads and Managers, Providers, QA, and other internal stakeholders to ensure efficient patient flow and timely completion of chart reviews
- Monitor CMA and QA processes and standards to maintain high standards of patient care
- Stay updated on clinical and telehealth regulations, guidelines, and certifications that may be applicable to the business and CMAs
- Conduct timely 1:1 meetings and performance reviews, providing constructive feedback
- Develop and implement performance improvement plans as needed
- Manage the allocation of CMAs based on patient volume and needs
- Develop and maintain Clinical QA and CMA audits, coaching, and scorecards
- Maintain clear and open communication channels across the organization
- Act as a liaison between Clinical QA, CMAs, and internal stakeholders
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
In addition to the salary for this role, you would also be eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- 3-5 years CMA Manager experience strongly preferred
- 8+ years Healthcare experience required
- 4+ years Clinic, Hospital, or Telehealth operations management experience required
- Prior telehealth management or EHR superuser experience required
- Data analytics and team scheduling experience required
- ZenDesk experience strongly preferred
- Prior telehealth experience a major plus!
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients.
- Successful completion of Healthcare or Medical Assisting program from an accredited school