Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for an experienced Personal Lines Underwriter II to join our Underwriting Team.
This position reviews, evaluates and analyzes new risk and coverage, with a focus on profitability, growth and long-term retention. Our underwriters use facts and information to apply rates and determine premiums, specific limits, deductibles, conditions, and endorsements for accounts approved for coverage. The right candidate will collaborate closely with our agency partners as well as inside associates, to understand and explain coverage and analyze risk. As a Personal Lines Underwriter with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will help drive informed decision making in support of our vision.
Benefits for the Personal Lines Underwriter II:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Personal Lines Underwriter II:
- Five years of underwriting experience
- Two years of experience in Personal Lines Underwriting
- Positive interpersonal and effective communication skills for collaboration with colleagues, agents, insureds, and other outside contactors
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Strong sales acumen with the ability to sell our products and pricing in the face of competition
- Reviewing new insurance applications, renewals or changes for eligibility and risk acceptance
- Analyzing insurance information to determine the appropriate premiums, limits, retention rates and coverages for approved risks
- Training and assisting less experienced underwriters, as well as agents, in understanding coverages, analyzing risks, and learning the business in general
- Monitoring and managing retention, growth and profitability of an assigned book of business
- Regularly communicating and occasionally scheduling agency visits to strengthen agency relationships and foster territory growth and profitability
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 146 years in business!
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!