Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time (Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm) opening for a Driver/Rehabilitation Specialist within the Stamford area. This position will be responsible for transporting adult individuals throughout the state primarily in a company vehicle to various appointments, outings, and engagements as well as engaging adult individuals in residential programs who have serious and persistent psychiatric conditions or co-occurring psychiatric and substance use conditions. The position assists individuals in the day-to-day activities to promote recovery in the community.
Salary: $15.00 per hour based on education and experience. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The Driver/Rehabilitation Specialist responsibilities include:
- Assist, as required, in the daily and routine transportation of program participants locally and state-wide. May be required to transport individuals in personal vehicle.
- Provide outreach, support, and follow-up services to individuals in the community.
- Advocate for services or resources that meet individual needs and preferences. Serve as a role model.
- Advocate for the individual's choices regarding voluntary participation in treatment services, assist individuals to access resources and supports.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop creative individualized recovery plans with individuals with mental health disorders or mental health and substance use disorders.
- Provide consultation to MHC staff and external treatment staff on issues related to engagement support strategies.
- Use modeling and experiential technique to provide skill building opportunities in the areas of health and wellness, employment, social, and daily living skills as needed.
- Model and teach life and interpersonal skills which promote the building of personal and community support systems.
- May be required to develop job and educational opportunities depending on program.
- Assist MHC staff with the ongoing process of engaging and linking the individuals to treatment services.
- Accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
- Demonstrates respect for individuals in Recovery engaging them as full collaborators.
- Works collaboratively within and across the service system exercising good independent judgment. (MHC teams, interagency teams, family members, service recipients, concerned others where appropriate)
- Assist individuals in the development, implementation and follow up of individualized WRAP plans and document participation arid progress to promote recovery.
- Works with staff to ensure and maintain a safe and healthy environment and alerts supervisor and other staff to problems and consumer concerns.
Education and/or Experience:
- GED or High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Previous experience within human services preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver’s license, auto insurance and registration. Remains current in CPR, First Aid, CSS and Medication Certification and other agency training as required.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please