The Porter provides routine cleaning and custodial maintenance of the property’s exterior and interior. They are responsible for maintaining clean and hygienic condition of the property’s premises and facilities.
- Enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for assisting with repairing and maintaining the community features, ensuring a safe and clean-living experience for your residents. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs around the community.
- Respond to service needs and make-ready schedule. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, working closely with your manager and other community team members. During the turnover process, you will help execute painting and cleaning vacant apartment homes.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General interest in custodial and/or maintenance work and an ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and being on call.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Perform other related duties as required.