PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a full time Patient Access Representative.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 19+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide general administrative support to the Patient Access Department and assist PTHA patients in gaining access to health care services.
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel appointments as needed through various sources, and maintain appointment recall system.
- Perform accurate updates on all scheduled patients as needed and required.
- Check patients in for appointments and have patient complete necessary forms.
- Register new patients and/or update established patients including determination of direct and contract care eligibility according to policy and procedures with less than 12 errors a year.
- Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into electronic health record system within two business days, and immediately notify supervisor if problems arise.
- Screen uninsured patients for alternate coverage options, during updates and appointment check-in and inform and refer as appropriate.
- Explain updating responsibility, alternate resource requirements, and distribute and interpret patient information handouts as needed.
- Prepare electronic patient charts for daily appointments to ensure chart completeness and compliance.
- Seeks guidance and clarification on assignments and when questionable situations arise to ensure proper procedures are followed at all times.
- Answer multi-line phone system and handle and route calls in an efficient and professional manner.
- Greet and route all visitors/patients and responds to their requests in a helpful and courteous manner on the phone and in person with two or less documented patient/staff complaints a year.
- Provide administrative support for Patient Access Dept., including routing mail, taking minutes, answering phones, typing, faxing, electronic filing, copying, scanning and data entry, as needed.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and materials as needed for Patient Access Dept.
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently work with an Electronic Health Records/Electronic Practice Management System.
- Rotate through all Patient Access areas and fill-in wherever needed to provide coverage during PTHA operating hours.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment, providing excellent customer service.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, stays on task and maintains work quality and productivity.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year direct customer/patient Front Desk experience providing demonstrable excellent customer service and administrative support, with strict attention to detail.
- Recent experience in a healthcare facility (within the last 12 months) verifying and entering patient information into an electronic health system.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and experience with electronic health records systems.