The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a full-time enthusiastic Saddle Stitch Operator to work on-site in our Des Moines, IA location.
We are offering $25-$30/hour plus a $1,500 sign on bonus payable upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
There is a $5,000 relocation bonus available for candidates willing to move to Des Moines, IA.
Position Summary: This position will set-up and operate the Saddle Stitcher in the Bindery department. This position will also maintain the stitcher, troubleshoot, and resolve mechanical challenges and follow stringent quality control processes.
- Set up and operate saddle stitcher according to work order.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, and resolve printing and mechanical challenges.
- Ability to perform extensive maintenance on the stitcher and ensure a monthly maintenance program for the stitchers.
- Follow strict quality control measures and pay close attention to detail.
- Visually inspect products throughout run for quality.
- Ability to perform varying work within tight deadlines and fast-paced environment while being responsible for ensuring quality work.
- Work closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Flexibility to work on other equipment or complete other tasks as needed.
- Be able to quickly learn and master our camera system.
- Operate pallet jacks to transport supplies as needed.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including over-time on weekends.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of performing well under pressure.
- Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
- Team and goal oriented.
- Must be very detail oriented.
Preferred Education and Experience
At least two years professional experience setting up, running, and maintaining saddle stitchers.
Other bindery equipment operating experience a plus.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and occasional lifting up to 60 lbs. Continuous vision. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Frequent walking, reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 50 lbs. to move paper stock, boxes, and wire spools. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during machine maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. 3rd shift 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Weekend hours required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.