We are on the brink of something big and it feels good! We know our product has the potential to have a global impact. Strong Science, New Technology, and Influential Leadership has positioned us for success. Kula Bio is a leader in sustainable nitrogen solutions, helping farmers improve crop yield and reduce environmental impact. If you are motivated by progress, and seek a collaborative and supportive culture, join our mission to positively impact the environment and humanitarian efforts through sustainable agriculture.
As a Manufacturing Associate you will help support the fermentation process to produce a biofertilizer that boosts a naturally occurring process depositing meaningful amounts of nitrogen in the soil. On a regular day you will set up, operate and clean production-scale state-of-the-art fermenters and accessories, perform bacteria growth medium preparation, fermenter inoculation and sampling, applying standard aseptic technique. You will harvest product from fermenters, monitor, record and report fermentation progress, and contribute to the management of manufacturing consumables inventory to maintain continuous operations. Additionally, you will support the commissioning of new production fermenters and support product shipping activities.
To thrive in this role, you are an independent decision-maker, able to plan and execute, providing hands-on expertise for operating and maintaining production fermenters. You are a problem-solver with the ability to keep track of productivity targets while maintaining product quality. You understand the start-up environment and have a pioneering attitude. You are flexible and enjoy collaborating as part of a team.
- Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Fermentation Biotechnology, Microbiology or related field
- 3-5 years of full-time industry experience, preferably in the agricultural sector
- Experience with setup, operation and maintenance of fermenters
- Experience working with microbes and applying aseptic techniques in manufacturing.
- This position requires the ability to sit, talk, and hear; occasionally walk and stand; regularly use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally lift and/or moves up to 40 pounds; regularly use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjust focus
- Work in the manufacturing area may require hearing protection
- Working in the manufacturing area will require the use of the Fermentation Operator