A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, structures and infrastructure and analytics. Civil Design Inc. is in its 27th year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Jefferson City, MO, Effingham, IL, Collinsville, IL, Louisville, KY, and Prestonsburg, KY.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Job Duties: Under supervision, the intern will assist in surveying and engineering to support a variety of design projects.
Hours of Work: 30-40 hours/week
Duration: Summer 2024 (May – August)
- Perform boundary surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties.
- Perform topographic surveys providing data relevant to the contours of the ground and existing features.
- May perform construction surveys for municipal, private and roadway projects.
- Utilize Trimble Robotic, Conventional and GPS equipment, Leica 3D Scanning equipment and survey data collection software to take measurements and collect relevant information.
- Perform daily import of all field collected data.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and professional field notes.
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures and requirements of CDI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10 -15% travel
- Great if pursuing a degree in survey, geography or survey drafting
- Be able to provide 30-40 hours per week with start time around 6-7 am
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
- Work in outdoor elements
- Be a part of a team
- Communicate clearly