English Language INSTRUCTOR – ESL TESOL Teacher (IN PERSON - PART TIME and/or SUBSTITUTE)
PART TIME or SUBSTITUTE - Mornings and/or Afternoons (M-F, up to 20 hours per week)
- Plan organize and provide in-person English language instruction to young adult and adult international students from all regions of the world, some bound for undergraduate and graduate programs in the US.
- Develop and deliver lessons that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies
- Create weekly lesson plans following established curricula supplemented with current materials that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
- Maintain daily/weekly grade books for homework, quizzes, and journals and administer regular quizzes, exams, and writing assignments
- Embrace and develop new ways of engaging students using technology
- BA in English Language/TESOL or closely related field or equivalent experience. MA degree preferred
- Cultural sensitivity with experience teaching ESL to students from a variety of cultural backgrounds, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven classroom experience with a minimum of one year teaching.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using technology in the classroom
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
$22 - $25 per hour