Process assigned vendor invoices for payment in a systematic and consistent method through the batching process and the auto-match function. File invoices in appropriate locations. Sort and distribute daily Finance Department mail. Matching invoices with appropriate check copy. Ensure any necessary attachments are sent with check. Fielding any vendor or in-house telephone calls or emails. Boxing prior year paid invoices for storage
- Accurately batches invoices for system input.
- Ability to setup new vendors and maintain the Vendor Master Dictionary.
- Accurately reviews invoices for accuracy: checking item amount, extensions, taxes and freight, and footing.
- Reviews invoice support for completeness and backup documentation.
- Process check requests and expense reports.
- Ability to reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Works with Materials Management to resolve price discrepancies and PO’s that have been received but not invoiced.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable practices preferably in a hospital setting, - preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database products.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to assume additional jobs and duties as needed.
- Must be able to handle stress of working efficiently with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Hours must be flexible to accommodate for unscheduled events.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must have clinical knowledge.
- Sitting 4-8 hours a day
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Wrist deviation (side to side and up and down) 4-8 hours a day