Are you looking for an internship that encourages creativity and innovation? We believe our people make the difference in our business and our interns are no exception. In our internship program you will be responsible for supporting your assigned team with a variety of projects and administrative work. No coffee runners work here in the summer, you will do real work that you can add to your resume once you have completed this program. For our top performing interns, this program is our pipeline for many of our entry level full-time positions.
As a Capital Markets Intern, you will…
- Help maintain the loan pipeline by interacting with loan officers/originators and underwriters to track the progress of loans.
- Assist in the management of existing loans through the creation and update of portfolio and loan level analytics.
- Perform data analysis for existing and future loan securitizations.
- The goal is that you will take what you have learned in your course work, apply it to your projects and then implement those solutions or recommendations.
- Have both a manager and mentor to help guide your through our program and your day-to-day work.
- Be given the opportunity to deliver a final presentation of your project/s results and make business recommendations to your department, team members and Company leadership.
We also offer weekly Development Days to help our interns grow professionally and learn about our industry. These offerings include…
- Mock interviews and resume review with our talent management team to help prepare you to enter the workforce.
- LinkedIn training to help you build and develop your personal profile and teach you about online professional networking.
- DISC Assessment – coursework on how to leverage work styles and preferences to help improve teamwork, communication, and productivity in the workplace.
- “Company Insiders” Training – Listen to current Merchants employees tell their success stories and learn about who we are and what each department does to support our success.
We are looking for…
- Students who have an interest in multifamily real estate development and finance.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Students who have completed at least their sophomore year of college. College graduates are welcome to apply as well.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
Merchants Mission is to provide innovative financing solutions that support the accessibility and affordability of multi-family housing and innovative financing solutions. Merchants Bank of Indiana (“MBI”) is a diversified bank holding company with over $15.9 billion in assets and focuses primarily on multiple real estate lines of business. Merchants Capital (“MCC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of MBI and is one of the nation’s top financing providers for refinance, acquisition, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation of multifamily, affordable, senior and student housing.