Are you looking for an internship that encourages creativity and innovation? We believe our people make the difference in our business and our interns are no exception. In our internship program you will be responsible for supporting your assigned team with a variety of projects and administrative work. No coffee runners work here in the summer, you will do real work that you can add to your resume once you have completed this program. For our top performing interns, this program is our pipeline for many of our entry level full-time positions.
As an Originations Intern you will…
- Be a part of the deal team that originates, underwrites, and closes multifamily affordable debt. The expectation is that you will interface with multiple departments throughout Merchants Capital. You will learn the key components of risk assessment and processing required to execute financing transactions.
- The goal is that you will take what you have learned in your course work, apply it to your projects and then implement those solutions or recommendations.
- Have both a manager and mentor to help guide your through our program and your day-to-day work.
- Be given the opportunity to deliver a final presentation of your project/s results and make business recommendations to your department, team members and Company leadership.
We also offer weekly HR Development Days to help our interns grow professionally and learn about our industry. Look at what we have to offer…
- Mock interviews and resume review with our talent management team will help prepare you to enter the workforce.
- LinkedIn training will help you build and develop your personal profile and teach you about the value of online professional networking.
- DISC Assessment – coursework on how to use your DISC results to help improve teamwork, communication, and productivity in the workplace.
- “Company Insiders” Training - Listen to current Merchants’ employees tell their success stories and learn about who we are and what each department does to support our success.
What we are looking for…
- Have completed at least your sophomore year of college. Graduates are welcome to apply as well.
- All degree programs will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Exhibit these core disciplines: Teamwork, Communication, Critical Thinking, Integrity, Self-Discipline, and Adaptability.
Merchants Mission is to provide innovative financing solutions that support the accessibility and affordability of multi-family housing and innovative financing solutions. Merchants Bank of Indiana (“MBI”) is a diversified bank holding company with over $15.9 billion in assets and focuses primarily on multiple real estate lines of business. Merchants Capital (“MCC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of MBI and is one of the nation’s top financing providers for refinance, acquisition, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation of multifamily, affordable, senior and student housing.