Susquehanna Printing is looking for Material Handlers- Dayshift & Nightshift| Part-Time & Full-Time. Job with primary responsibility for material handling, product stacking, packaging, and distribution of pre-printed inserts and printed products. Experience with Quipp 500 series and Gammerler stackers a plus! Pay rate based on experience.
Start earning $660 per week with potential for overtime and attendance bonus incentives for night work. (Pay rate based on experience and shift.)
Post Press Shifts available:
· Day shift Fulltime: Tuesday- Friday 7am-5pm or 6am-4pm, possible weekends hours if production requires
· Day shift Part-time: Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday 7am-5pm
· Night Shift Full-time: weekly schedule will very, 5pm-3am, 6pm-4am, 7pm-5am, weekends are included
Susquehanna Printing is part of a long tradition of printing in Lancaster County, beginning in the mid-1860s. Our long-standing expertise in printing continues to this day, as Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Susquehanna Printing is part of Steinman Communications.
Susquehanna Printing has expanded its business to include state-of-the-art solutions for scheduling, layout, digital printing, inserting, binding, direct mail, and quality control.
Why Work for Us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
As a Printing Press Operator at Susquehanna Printing, you’ll enjoy:
· 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
· Paid holidays
· Competitive health care, prescription, dental, vision
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Parental leave program
· Wellness program
· Employee Referral Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Company provided uniforms
Part-time team members are eligible for:
· Paid holidays
· 401(K) with Company match
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing or brining to management any unsafe conditions that are identified.
• Retrieve production materials and place in the appropriate locations using material moving equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks and dollies in a safe manner.
• Jog and feed pre-printed materials into machine feed hoppers.
• Stack bundles of printed products off of press, monitoring quality and preparing bundles for future production steps or distribution.
• Build skids of product evenly and accurately according to required quantities.
• Load newspaper bundles into carts accurately by zone, moving empty cages in and full cages out while maintaining a continuous product flow.
• Wrap finished product using an automated stretch wrap machine.
• Strong sense of urgency, team oriented, good communicator, and adaptable.
• Able to work weekday and weekend overtime as requested.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all supervisors and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist for this job, which specifies the physical requirements of the job, is attached and is incorporated into this description.
Susquehanna Printing is conveniently located in the Greenfield Corporate Center off Rt. 30 in a temperature-controlled production environment.
Learn more about Susquehanna Printing by visiting, https://susquehannaprinting.com/
• High School diploma or GED
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Forklifts and dollies; basic office equipment such as calculators and computers. Proficiency with non-power hand tools (wrenches, screw drivers, etc.).
Climate- controlled manufacturing environment, which may include working overtime as necessary. Must be able to work in a standing position throughout an entire shift.