Are you looking for an internship that encourages creativity and innovation? We believe our people make the difference in our business and our interns are no exception. In our internship program you will be responsible for supporting your assigned team with a variety of projects and administrative work. No coffee runners work here in the summer, you will do real work that you can add to your resume once you have completed this program. For our top performing interns, this program is our pipeline for many of our entry level full-time positions.
As a Loan Production Intern you will…
- Analyze financial statements and reports related to the transaction, such as historical & pro forma property operating statements, rent rolls, sources and uses, and real estate owned schedules.
- Deal input into Freddie Mac LST and OUS along with Fannie Mae DUS Gateway.
- Support and Assist Originators throughout transaction process.
- Composition and analysis of HUD Concept Packages and GSE Soft Quotes.
- Continuing education on MBI, HUD, RD, FHLMC & FNMA program developments, loan policies, and guidelines.
- 85% of time will be spent on routine, transactional work.
- 15% of time will be spent on the execution of strategy using experience and judgment.
- Typical scope of interactions will be exchanging basic technical information with colleagues.
- The goal is that you will take what you have learned in your course work, apply it to your projects and then implement those solutions or recommendations.
- Have both a manager and mentor to help guide your through our program and your day-to-day work.
- Be given the opportunity to deliver a final presentation of your project/s results and make business recommendations to your department, team members and Company leadership.
We also offer weekly HR Development Days to help our interns grow professionally and learn about our industry. Look at what we have to offer…
- Mock interviews and resume review with our talent management team will help prepare you to enter the workforce.
- LinkedIn training will help you build and develop your personal profile and teach you about the value of online professional networking.
- DISC Assessment – coursework on how to use your DISC results to help improve teamwork, communication, and productivity in the workplace.
- “Company Insiders” Training - Listen to current Merchants’ employees tell their success stories and learn about who we are and what each department does to support our success.
What we are looking for…
- Rising senior in an undergraduate program or graduate student.
- All degree programs will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Exhibit these core disciplines: Teamwork, Communication, Critical Thinking, Integrity, Self-Discipline, and Adaptability.
Merchants Mission is to provide innovative financing solutions that support the accessibility and affordability of multi-family housing and innovative financing solutions. Merchants Bank of Indiana (“MBI”) is a diversified bank holding company with over $15.9 billion in assets and focuses primarily on multiple real estate lines of business. Merchants Capital (“MCC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of MBI and is one of the nation’s top financing providers for refinance, acquisition, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation of multifamily, affordable, senior and student housing.