Catholic Charities is looking for a Program Assistant for the Hunger Relief, Loaves & Fishes, Program. The Loaves and Fishes Program Assistant will be under the direction of the Program Coordinator and will assist with daily operations. This position is part-time, Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday; hours are 7:15am to 3:45pm. This position will be in the Parish Center at Holy Name Catholic Church.
- While the building is open, greets and keeps the daily count of guests.
- Assists with the inventory and stocking of supplies.
- Willing to work with in-crisis populations of various mental health concerns, and economic, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
- Be able to coordinate the program without direction in the event the Program Coordinator is out.
- Oversees the regular maintenance of the facilities with regards to kitchen equipment, lights, and plumbing. Advance approval from the Program Coordinator is needed for major repairs.
- Maintains accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within Agency time frame.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and trainings as needed.
- Flexibility is necessary during work hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or equivalency.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of basic human relations and working with populations in need.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Must demonstrate emotional stability and have high personal integrity.
- Capable of being calm and having non-judgmental interactions with people in various life situations.
- Must be able to work on a team, but also independently with little direction.
- Ability to use critical thinking to help bring solutions to problems.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- May be asked to take the food handling class through the Metro Health Department.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
To be prorated based on number of hours worked
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403(b) plan with company match
- Retirement Plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits