Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is seeking a part-time coordinator to assist with management of the volunteer choir and additional administrative duties for the 2024 Classical Roots concert. This seasonal position will begin in September, 2023 and end May, 2024. Duties include maintaining Classical Roots Community Mass Choir (CRCMC) schedule, rehearsal venue set-up, music distribution and other duties. Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be punctual, organized and reliable, and work well under pressure. Candidate will report to the Director of Community Engagement and work with the Classical Roots Resident Conductor, Director of Artistic Production, volunteer Music Leaders, and the entire CSO Production team.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week), seasonal, hourly position with flexible scheduling. Certain rehearsal and performance hours are required, primarily Saturdays, 8:30-11:30am.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the CRCMC rehearsal schedule and communicating any updates.
- Coordinate all communication with CRCMC and regular. communication/planning with Music Leaders and Classical Roots Resident Conductor.
- Attending all CRCMC rehearsals, serving as coordinator on site.
- Serve as liaison between CRCMC and CSO staff.
- Serve as librarian for the CRCMC.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate meetings of the Production and Music Leader teams.
- Support organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives as well as supporting a respectful organizational culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidate will be a team player and be self-motivated.
- Candidate should be flexible and proactive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Candidate should enjoy working with people and demonstrate a positive, trustworthy and professional demeanor with all staff and artists.
- Ability to work some evenings and most Saturdays a must.
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of classical/choral music desired.
- Previous experience working with volunteers a plus.
- Must be well acquainted with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Compensation: $15.00 to $16.00 per hour