ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is currently seeking Manufacturing Engineer Interns for the ULTRAX Summer internship program. The Program is designed for college Freshmen through Seniors pursuing a degree relevant to the work performed at ULTRAX. The Program will run approximately 8 weeks (June & July).
The qualified applicant will work in a team setting on a project related to ULTRAX Aerospace’s production activities. They will be expected to take ownership of the project and to maintain open communication concerning the project status. The Program culminates with a company-wide presentation of the project by the intern team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in small groups to research, develop and design processes or projects related to ULTRAX’s needs
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering team members as needed to define and develop requirements derived from discussions with stakeholders
- Author documentation such as build procedures and data collection spreadsheets
- Lead semiweekly meetings where you will update the company representatives on the status of your project.
- Maintain copious and detailed notes of your project.
- Prepare and present a project presentation at the close of the internship
- Work in compliance with OSHA and MSDS safety policies.
- Adhere to company practices regarding safety and control of electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be available 35-40 hours a week.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and technical sense
- Experience with 3D mechanical modeling is desirable
- Pays attention to details and desires to exceed expectations
- Is organized, punctual, and has a pleasant demeanor
- Possesses a desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to read and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand or sit for extended periods
- Use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle, and feel components
- Read or hear and comprehend oral and written instructions
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to bend, squat and kneel
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lit, climate-controlled manufacturing facility
- Company provided tools and equipment
- A culture of continuous improvement and employee empowerment.
HOURS: M-F / Flexible based on core hours of operation; OT as necessary and varies based on customer demand.
ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.