The purpose of the Office Associate is to accurately enter information into SECO’s and our customers’ systems, telecommunication activities, and support internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Accurately update inbound load information into multiple systems for inbound shipments.
- Update completed inbound loads within multiple systems. Shortages, overages, damages, and other information should be properly notated and updated.
- Entering and tendering outbound loads into multiple systems. Partially loaded outbound trailers are to be updated as well.
- Match, scan, and electronically file inbound and outbound documents as well as Target unloading reports prior to disposing of the paperwork.
- Maintain reports and spreadsheets throughout the day and submit them internally and to the customers, if required.
- Entering unloading report data into the system for the assigned DC’s.
- Promptly and courteously answer phone calls, assist caller, and transfer calls to the appropriate party or department.
- Reporting findings and general notes on daily processes to their manager/supervisor.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment or programs to their manager/supervisor.
- Performs required administrative tasks, for inbound unloading and outbound loading.
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines.
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities.
- Secure freight for transit
- Being able to operate air compressor for airbag usage.
- Ensure freight is counted and loaded in the right DC trailer.
- Being able to perform different tasks such as working floor freight and mixed freight while keeping a good count of the goods and paying attention to detail.
Office Required Skills/Qualifications
- 0 - 2 years of experience in freight consolidation and/or shipping and receiving environment, or related field is desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate along with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic typing and computer skills. These should include checking and sending emails, ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word, answering and transferring phone calls, electronic document filing, and office machine operation.
- Familiarity with AS 400 and PC applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and support other team members.
- Takes pride in doing good work, has a positive attitude, and promotes SECO’s fundamentals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently and effectively.
Dock Required Skills/Qualifications
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
Must be able to execute all the above functions and meet all of the above demands safely, posing no threat to themselves or those around them while doing so, and must willingly comply with applicable safety regulations in the completion of all work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.