For over 140 years, UCFS has embraced life and faced challenges that were a reflection of the community we serve. We continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need; build partnerships when demand is beyond our capacity to fulfill alone and have had a lasting impact on thousands of lives that entrust us to provide quality and compassionate care. UCFS is a nonprofit with the mission to be Eastern CT’s best choice for patient-centered health care. Joining UCFS means you will be part of the premier community-based organization with dedicated to providing health and human services to individuals and families. You will be part of a group of dedicated professionals committed to improving the health and well-being of the community.
UCFS is currently seeking a psychiatrist to work in collaboration with the UCFS Behavioral Health Team. Responsible for providing quality client centered psychiatric care services for patients, the ideal candidate should be comfortable performing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, routine follow ups. and emergency interventions. Additional duties include developing and implementing patient psychiatric treatment plans, records, and progress notes per agency policies, procedures, and approved protocols developed within the guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Conducting a psychiatric evaluations including ordering /performing /interpreting screening and diagnostic procedures and tests
- Conducting routine follow-up visits for monitoring prescribed medication
- Conducting emergency consultation, evaluation or follow up visits as needed
- Providing treatment according to accepted agency standards, protocols and policies
- Assisting in the management of referred and/or complex problems
- Documenting assessment findings, treatment recommendations and plan for continuing care in the clinical record
- Maintaining productivity standards
- Collaborate with physician, clinicians, other agency providers, clinical support staff, administrative staff and community resources in meeting patient and family needs
- Provide health promotion, education and counseling for patient/families related to medication, diagnosis, health issues and coping strategies
- Maintain accurate, legible medical records and returns all assigned charts or patient data (lab reports, consultations, etc.) to medical records in a timely fashion
- Doctor of Medicine
- Valid DEA License
- License or license eligible in the State of CT with appropriate prescribing credentials and licenses.
- Relevant experience working with, evaluating, and prescribing for clients with mental and behavioral health diagnosis
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and competitive salaries.
UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.