The FP&A Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring master data is managed accurately across various systems within the company, identify any pitfalls in data capture, and mitigate any weaknesses with data integrity. This individual will collaborate with development and corporate teams in facilitating process improvement in data capture across the organization. Analyst also performs analysis of actual results and supports the budgeting and forecasting process including maintaining and updating corporate valuation model, capital and development budgets, payroll allocations, and headcount forecasts.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support business leads in ensuring necessary processes are completed for different operating projects across existing systems such as creating and closing companies, business units and bank accounts.
- Coordinate the creation, implementation, and successful integration of master data across multiple systems in the organization while ensuring necessary and accurate financial accounting data is being captured.
- Coordinate vendor and customer set ups with development teams and supplier support while supporting all procurement efforts related to existing systems and accounting topics.
- Ensure the payroll system is capturing payroll allocations, and travel and expense system captures correctly coded and approved expenses.
- Maintain an updated list of projects, project tiers and time allocations to projects.
- Develop systems controls and governance and ensure existing controls are working effectively while anticipating any new controls needs.
- Collaborate with Digital and PMO departments on systems mapping, process workflow and implementation.
- Perform in-depth analysis of actual financial performance versus budget to provide feedback to management, determine value drivers, and explain discrepancies from annual budgets.
- Assists in development and maintenance of company’s corporate models, which are utilized in quarterly and annual budgeting processes as well as tax planning.
- Assists with preparation of capital and development spend, monthly capital calls, company dashboard reports, quarterly presentations, and policies for planning activity.
- Prepare insightful analysis to help management evaluate project development spend and capitalization of various costs categories.
- Compile and timely respond to data requests from auditors, bankers, vendors, investors, and customers.
- Collaborate with Accounting team to ensure monthly close are timely completed and essential financial data is captured in JDE.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administrations Finance/Accounting or equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Working Knowledge of Accounting, financial modeling concepts, ERP Systems and best practices of data management.
- Advanced Excel functionality supporting analytical skills.
- Understanding of data analytics and business intelligence tools such as PowerBI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to effectively communicate (written/verbal) with internal and external personnels.