Department: Property Management
Reports to: Director of Property Management
Status: On Site, Full Time
Under the supervision of Director of Property Management, the Social Service Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and implementing social service programs and activities for various groups of people. They will work in a collaborative environment that promotes a supportive and therapeutic environment that fosters growth, self-sufficiency, and independence among individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the health and safety of residents at all times;
- Relate to residents and other staff in a professional manner at all times;
- Support clients in the implementation of their Individual Support Plans;
- Encourage residents to participate in all aspects of daily living (cooking, housekeeping, personal hygiene, etc.);
- Monitors residents' behavior during the daily scheduled recreational activities;
- Provide an atmosphere that enhances the personal growth of the residents;
- Provide appropriate interventions during emergencies: contacting physicians, the police, poison control, rescue, crisis centers, etc.
- Monitor resident and visitor activities, reporting infractions to site supervisor;
- Conduct monthly fire drills during daylight and evening hours;
- Assist in record keeping: Maintain clear and accurate log books and incident reports;
- Attend individual and inter-agency staff meetings and trainings;
- Inspect residents' units monthly or bi-weekly, as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off
- 12 Days of Paid Holidays
- Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurances
- 403b retirement plan with APM contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- And more!
- Associate Degree in Human Services or a related field. This may be substituted by a High School diploma with related work experience
- Preferably bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively
- Valid driver's license
- Crisis Intervention Training, CPR, First Aid, and MAP certificates are a plus.
- Must pass PA and Federal Criminal Background checks, and acquire PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Good physical health, capable of lifting or transferring up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds
- Knowledge of the needs of people with co-occurring disorders involving drug and alcohol, mental health, and / or HIV/AIDS
- Ability to perform during crisis and emergency situations
- Ability to resolve conflicts among residents and between residents and staff
- Professional attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work without immediate supervision
- Good judgment
- Flexible schedule