The Vice President, Internal Auditor is accountable for the bank’s internal audit program. The VP, Internal Auditor plans, schedules, and conducts internal audits of departments and locations and prepares audit reports. Develops and implements changes to audit processes and procedures.
- Internal Audit Program: Accountable for the efficient and effective implementation of the bank’s internal audit program. Performs internal audits of the financial, operational and compliance functions of the Bank in accordance with the internal audit program as approved by the Chief Risk Officer. Reviews the Bank’s practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures. Conducts follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during audits. Develops recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and adequacy of bank records and recordkeeping.
- Audit Committee Support: Under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, assist the Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities. May participate in Audit Committee meetings to discuss the department’s scope and schedule for the coming year’s audits. Partners with the Chief Risk Officer to present audit findings to the Audit Committee.
- Collaboration: Develops relationships within and across teams to collaboratively achieve organizational goals. Reports audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of both internal and external audits. Advises teams on how best to take action on internal audit findings, working together to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Investigations: At the direction of the Chief Risk Officer or senior management, conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention. Investigate, as requested by senior management, fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the bank. Works in cooperation with law enforcement agencies and Human Resources in any such cases as deemed necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills, & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Back
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
- Performs job accountabilities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
- A professional who builds solid relationships based on integrity and trust
- Develops and maintains knowledge of compliance and internal control requirements necessary to complete the job
- Attend all applicable training for bank/job related issues
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent decision maker within authority limits
- Knowledgeable and performs duties in compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and is respectful of others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Flexible to a change in a growing organization
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related auditing position, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor (CCBIA), bank regulatory compliance audit experience and information technology control audit experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is required.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.