Our Financial Analyst - GSE Asset Management provides a variety of analytical, administrative, and database support to our GSE Asset Management Team. Day to day you will assist the asset manager to review inspections, analyzing financials, collecting required loan documents, reviewing/processing repair/replacement requests, and other tasks that may arise. Other responsibilities will include tracking affordability /covenant requirements and following up on code violations, lawsuits, and required repairs. Lastly, you will also help attain MBA Inspection class certifications. We have experienced enormous growth across our affordable housing and market-rate conventional portfolios, so our Financial Analyst must be quick-witted and adaptable to change, as well as be willing to jump in and help out your teammates when needed. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as a Financial Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- Service, maintain, and troubleshoot assigned tasks related to multifamily mortgage loans.
- Input and maintain data using various mortgage software.
- Assist with collection and spreading of operating statements and rent rolls to help assess risk.
- Manage audit confirmations for the borrower
- Assist with gathering audit information for internal and external audits.
- File and maintain necessary online and hardcopy forms related to loan compliance.
- Support asset managers’ interactions with Agency regarding compliance/procedural issues.
- Assist with collection of annual certifications required by loan covenants
- Review inspections, assist asset manager with deferred maintenance follow-up, and submit inspections to various agencies as required.
- Work towards obtaining the MBA Inspection Certification.
- Review and process replacement reserve disbursement requests.
What we are looking for…
- A basic understanding of loan portfolio management is desired.
- A basic understanding of multifamily mortgage banking is desired.
- Requires problem-solving skills as well as the initiative to troubleshoot and find resolutions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify, interpret and apply applicable guidelines in leading assigned processes.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires proficiency in using basic computer software such as Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
ABOUT MERCHANTS CAPITAL
With over 30 years of success built on putting people first, Merchants Capital is a proven leader in financing for multifamily housing nationwide. Our licenses with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA, in addition to our bank’s balance sheet products, allow us to offer custom solutions with agility and ease of execution, expanding access to housing in meaningful and impactful ways. Recognized as a top five affordable lender, Merchants Capital pairs our comprehensive debt offerings with in-house tax credit equity to provide a one-stop-shop for developers and owners. To learn more about Merchants Capital, visit www.merchantscapital.com.