Avesta Housing is seeking a kind, responsible and dedicated Personal Support Specialist (PSS) to care for our residents at our 37-bed assisted living residence, Inn at Village Square. We are a team who supports work/life balance and we offer a flexible schedule. Interested in obtaining your PSS certification? We provide paid training! Come join us!
About Inn at Village Square
Avesta Housing's Inn at Village Square is an assisted living facility for older adults who find it difficult to continue to live without assistance but who would like to continue to enjoy their independence in the comfort of a safe, secure, and friendly environment. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide peace of mind to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing's Inn at Village Square Avesta being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For in an Employee
- A team player
- Caring, empathetic attitude
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of caring for older adults
- Experience working with older adults in a personal care environment.
- Thorough understanding of the aging process.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
Click HERE to view the full PSS position.
Currently we have full-time and part-time positions available. This job is fully on site at our assisted living facility in Gorham, Maine.
These are non-exempt/hourly positions that pay $18.00 - $20.00 per hour.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application.