Fairstead has an exciting opportunity at one of our properties, and we are looking for a strong Community Manager to join our team!
What’s in it for you?
- Generous employer contribution for Medical and Dental through United Healthcare
- Employer Paid Vision Plans
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% of the first 3%; 50% of the next 2%.
- 13+ paid Holidays
- 15 days of PTO
- 7 Sick days
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Laser Correction Discount
- Employee Discounts on appliances, apparel, and more!
- Ensure adherence to laws relating to leasing, including but not limited to Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Remains compliant and knowledgeable in all aspects of the HUD 4350.3 Handbook.
- Develops responses to regulatory agencies in coordination with the Compliance Department.
- Implements intervention strategies with Regional Managers and Compliance Department for tenants who are non-compliant with lease/compliance requirements.
- Prepares all site REAC reviews, EHS violations cleared, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Reviews, and perform annual and interim recertification reviews.
- Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints.
- Monitors tenant and complex wide arrears and litigation cases.
- Documents lease violations and coordinate evictions.
- Direct collection of monthly rents and late fees, process applications and pursue delinquencies through legal action and eviction. Monitor bad debt write-off.
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies.
- Supervises, directs, and monitors the preventive, routine and emergency maintenance/repairs and is compliant with all regulations.
- Consistently works to clear HPD, ECB, DOB violations.
- Coordinates vendor bids and contractor quotes.
- Conducts and documents unit inspections.
- Conduct bi-annual walk throughs with Building Superintendent.
- Create reports for review to ensure all buildings under the PM’s responsibility are properly maintained and building needs are appropriately noted, planned for, and addressed.
- Provide and obtain updates on various ongoing construction projects/unit renovations.
- Work with construction team on avoiding violations, inspections, necessary access.
- Attend monthly financial catch-up meeting and monitor budgets.
- Three (3) years management experience including supervising a team (property management, hospitality, retail or restaurant management).
- COS or CPO certification.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- EIV experience.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- TCS certification for tax credit properties.
- Experience in Affordable Housing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.