Monday – Friday, early shift
All fees associated with obtaining a CDL are covered by High Country Beverage
Interested in joining a winning team? Start your career in beer with High Country Beverage
High Country Beverage is a fast-paced company thats always looking for ways to improve customer and employee satisfaction. Our employees take pride in being the #1 beer distributor in the country, with top selling brands like Coors Light, New Belgium, Samuel Adams, Guinness, and Corona. HCB is always looking for great employees to share in our passion for excellence! Our team oriented culture and can-do attitude provide the perfect platform for individual growth opportunities in delivery, sales, marketing, warehouse, and administration.
Our Culture / Our Mission
HCBs goal is to be the best distributor in the country. We provide our customers with superior service compared to our competition. We maintain the quality of our products at the highest standards possible. HCB provides a safe and ideal work environment for our employees that generate pride in their work and sets goals for personal improvement.
HCB employees rave about the team members and management they work with. The organized systems we have in place keep things running smoothly which keeps our employees happy. Not to mention, a career in beer has a lot of perks, including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation (accruing 2 weeks of paid vacation during your first year)
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Great discounts on beer, wine, and spirits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Taxi Reimbursement program to prevent drinking and driving and promote safe fun
- Company sponsored parties including FACs, holiday parties, and family friendly events
- High quality, low employee contribution benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, ST/LT Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with up to a 5% match, 100% vesting
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- On site hospitality room with weekly happy hours to enjoy the beverages we carry and take part in new product tasting events
Responsible for learning all aspects of the delivery driver position and be able to fill open routes that become available. Position must acquire their CDL-training permit within a reasonable amount of time set forth by the employer. After acquiring their CDL permit, employee will begin CDL-training as soon as possible in order to fill any potential open routes.
- Ability to maintain or acquire a CDL
- Safely maneuver cases and kegs
- Ability to safely lift 160 lbs without accommodations
- Remain compliant with drug, alcohol, and motor vehicle policies
- Maintain work productivity over differing conditions including but not limited to temperature and order quantity
- Adhere to all state and company processes and procedures
- Effectively maneuver hand trucks
- Assistant will assist drivers on their routes or managers and supervisors, as assigned daily.
- Position must practice and learn to operate a tractor-trailer with enough proficiency to pass the driving test and walk-around inspection test, in order to obtain the CDL-A operators license within a given timeframe set by the employer.
- Position must learn rotation procedures; rotate back stock with every delivery and assist Pre-sales Representatives in picking up move beer and overall management of quality.
- Learn to develop and maintain good customer rapport.
- Learn to operate all delivery functions within Encompass mobile and associated printers.
- Learn and adhere to state and HCB credit regulations and policies and to collect outstanding debts as requested by HCB management.
- Follow HCB Uniform Policy.
- Maintain proper maintenance of HCB vehicles and observe safe driving habits when operating all HCB vehicles.
- Understand and comply with all local, state and federal regulations along with all HCB policies and procedures.
- Properly handle packages in the delivery process including placement of packages in the retailers storage areas, stocking shelves during each delivery and return of empty kegs.
- Learn and follow all HCB check-out and check-in procedures. Before leaving HCB with product, all Delivery personnel must have load-out checked and signed.
- Learn how to complete end-of-day paperwork properly, balancing money and inventory before leaving HCB each day.
Beer Delivery Trainee, Montrose
Benefits including: Medical/Dental & Vision, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness insurance, 401(k), paid vacation etc.
Employee Beer Discounts
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note selected candidates will be subject to an MVR & criminal background check and a pre-employment physical/drug screen.