Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, which may include very affordable medical/dental/vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, and more
Join us as a Grocery Clerk!
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and community-oriented individual to join our team as a Grocery Clerk in our Chestnut Hill store. We are looking for someone that has full flexibility in their schedule. This is a full-time position. Flexible availability, including evenings and weekends, is required. If you have a passion for great customer service, then we want to hear from you!
- Asking customers about their needs and help them in making purchases.
- Escort customers to the appropriate aisle or shelve in order to assist with purchasing decisions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the store is clean, safe and in order.
- Stock and replace products to avoid any damages.
- Keep shelves fully stocked with fresh products.
- Prepare store displays and ensure that products are accurately labeled.
- Communicate to management if any items are out of stock.
- Process customer orders and payments.
- Evening and weekend availability is required
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Be, or become upon hiring, a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op