WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR NURSE PRACTITIONERS with Women's Health Specialty!
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM AVAILABLE!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner provides direct patient services to female patients with an emphasis on prevention and education, in collaboration with staff physicians(s) and the clinical team of providers and allied health professionals and participating in the supervision of nursing students and staff. Physicians are available 24 hours per day on site or by phone for consultation with the WHNPs.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Provide diagnosis and treatment of all women’s health conditions, including, but not limited to gynecological problems, STD diagnosis and treatment, prenatal/perinatal, breastfeeding, preconception and newborn retention, according to established guidelines
- Perform interim physical examinations for healthy patients
- Perform all services in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards and the standards of the Joint Commission
- Provide health education to patients about ways to improve, promote, and maintain their health status, including but not limited to providing educational information on disease/disease process, self-care practices, and positive lifestyle choices (i.e., diabetes, safe sex, weight loss, smoking cessation, etc.)
- Provide emergency medical treatment to WFH patients as needed, and provide emergency medical treatment as requested or appropriate to non-WFH patients who are at or near a location where the ANP is present for the purpose of providing services to WFH patients
- Maintain timely, complete and accurate records, medication lists, and documentation of care and follow-up for administrative purposes and reimbursement of services in a timely manner
- Maintain competence in clinical practice with participation in continuing educational experiences and maintenance of Basic Life Support certification
- Implement clinical education and training of clinical staff when necessary
- Participate in WFH performance improvement activities
- Participate in monthly OB team meetings
- Participate in WFH community education and outreach programs
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing with a master’s degree in nursing
- Current registered nurse licensure and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure
- Certification as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner from a qualifying credentialing center, or a Family Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Women’s Health
- Clinical training and experience in ambulatory care in a community healthcare setting
- Basic life support certification
- Ability to travel between worksites and provide clinical coverage as needed
PREFERRED OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in written and spoken English and in spoken Spanish, including medical terminology