The Youth Art Educator will assist in developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms that align with the education goals of Pablo Center. Youth Art Educators research, create, and teach fun and relevant art projects to the youth in our community via our ArtMobile classes. This is an exciting part time opportunity for the right creative individual and this position can be offered as a paid internship or a part-time position. Average hours are 15-20 hours per week. Schedule flexes between afternoon, evening and weekend hours depending on events schedule.
- Assisting in the education goals of Pablo Center. Youth Art educators research, create, and teach fun and relevant art projects:
- Research and create project plans.
- Set up, supervise, teach, and tear down art projects & a mobile classroom that is sometimes offsite and sometimes in an outdoor setting.
- Assist with art workshops.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of visual arts events.
- Assist with load in/load out of Pablo Center art exhibitions.
- Assist in STEAM Education activities.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualities of the Youth Art Educator:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great with children and parents.
- Great leader and educator.
· Experience working with art materials.
· Willingness to learn through hands-on experience.
· Must be able to carry 50 pounds and team lift objects.
· Follow direction and accept feedback from supervisors and peers.
· Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service.
Pablo Center staff are required to work collaboratively for extended periods in close proximity, distances under 5’ (five feet) with Artists, Patrons, Students, Community Members, Board Members and Pablo Center Staff.