JOB TITLE Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO Chief Development Officer (CDO)
LOCATION Boulder, CO | Hybrid options available
SALARY RANGE $50,000-60,000 / yr
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered, and safe. TGTHR is committed to building a culture of equity, inclusivity, and non-violence for all individuals. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Development Coordinator is a part of our Development Team and is responsible for overseeing and executing administrative aspects of fundraising activities, database management, and support for fundraising activities including donor relations, marketing, direct mail appeals, and special events. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and enjoy building relationships with new and current donors. This position will be an integral part of the Development team, and the person in this role should be comfortable working in a growth environment that is passionate about community and mission.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community.
Development Administration (40%)
- Manage the Salesforce CRM database in coordination with the Development team and Salesforce Administrator
- Accurately input donations into the donor database and maintain accurate information for effective database use
- Manage online giving platforms and digital campaigns
- Create reports, analyze and measure progress toward fundraising goals and fundraising campaigns’ effectiveness
- Monitor donor performance monthly, quarterly, and annually to achieve revenue goals
- Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors and identifying major and legacy giving prospects
- Assist various team members with research on new prospective funders including individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Assist senior staff with donor analysis, including providing donor briefs and wealth screens on major donors in preparation for meetings
- Facilitate monthly reconciliation of donations with the bookkeeper
- Performs other duties as assigned
Marketing and Event Support (30%)
- Coordinate all giving campaigns (e.g., Colorado Gives Day, end-of-year campaign) in collaboration with Chief Development Officer and Director of Communications
- Support annual fundraising events by soliciting donations and sponsorships in collaboration with the Event Manager & Development Team
- Coordinate production of mailing and digital appeal letters
- Work with Director of Communications on social media, monthly e-newsletters, and other marketing items as needed
- Prepare and customize written correspondence for prospects and funders, including introductory letters, follow-up materials, and thank-you notes
- Support the development of funder presentation materials
- Assist with large projects, fundraising events, and internal and external communications
Fundraising and Donor Engagement (30%)
- Develop meaningful communications and relationships with a small portfolio of individual donors who donate up to $1,000 annually
- Implement a stewardship and acknowledgment strategy including mail, phone, email, social media, and other appropriate channels
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to create annual donation appeals and quarterly donor newsletters to share program updates and impact
- Coordinate and administer in-kind donation programs year-round including large campaigns for future program sites and holiday giving
- Perform other duties as assigned
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION Salary Range: $50,000-60,000 / yr
TGTHR offers competitive compensation and benefits such as a flexible work environment dependent on work position, medical, dental, vision, and accident insurance, paid time off/sick leave/parental leave/paid holidays/bereavement leave, employee assistance program/counseling services, development and educational opportunities and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- 1-3 years of fundraising and/or nonprofit administrative experience.
- Familiarity with Colorado communities and donor landscape preferred.
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM systems.
- Excellent at organizing, managing, and completing multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously with thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Strong verbal and written communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality.
- A proactive, collaborative approach to problem-solving with strong time management and decision-making skills.
- Skilled at building and maintaining healthy, professional relationships externally and internally across multiple departments.
- Good sense of humor and adaptability.
- Professionally skilled in working with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GSuite.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time performing typing duties on a computer.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and do other strenuous activities.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check including fingerprinting.
TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high-risk. The health, safety, and ability of our team to provide critical services remain our most important priorities. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.