KVCAP, which seeks to strengthen individuals, families and communities through direct services and community collaborations that create solutions to poverty, is looking to hire a Program Director. This position will oversee work and compliance with the requirements of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds that community action agencies receive. Recipients of these funds are required to follow an extensive set of Organizational Standards. This position will also lead efforts to increase the use of data analytics that inform agency decision making. It will require the ability to become familiar with all of the data bases that are utilized by programs across the agency and will become an administrator for the CSBG required empowOR software. The Director of CSBG and Data Management will ensure that KVCAP implements sound management practices, following the Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) principles. The Director will be required to have or obtain ROMA Implementer and/or ROMA Trainer certification, within a year of hire. This position will oversee the triennial completion of the agency’s comprehensive community needs assessment, working in collaboration with the other nine community action agencies as well as the major health systems across the state. The Director will also ensure that all CSBG programmatic reports are completed and filed with the Maine Department of Human Services.
- Bachelors Degree and 4-5 years of progressive experience with web-based database administration and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- **Applicants may substitute degree requirement with a minimum of 5 years of CAP-related experience including significant web-based database administration experience.
- Ability to obtain/maintain ROMA Trainer or Implementer certification
- Efficiency oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and perform varied tasks simultaneously
- Positive communication and critical thinking skills as well as strong written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all people
- Experience in a CAP agency displaying a progression of added responsibility strongly preferred
- Ability to pass State Bureau of Investigation, Department of Motor Vehicle, Department of Health and Human Services, Sex Offender Registry and Fraud background checks
- 13 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day)
- Low cost health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off program that starts at 4 weeks per year
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan that includes an employer contribution and an employer match
- Annual CSA program that delivers a weekly box of food from local farms to all participating employees for 20+ weeks per year
- Professional growth and development opportunities