Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for an experienced individual who simply loves to build buildings to join our team as a Senior Superintendent. This position will lead all the on-site activities required throughout the construction process to successfully deliver large, complex projects on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has the independent responsibility to manage all field activities for larger projects with increased levels of complexity.
- Ensures the proper performance of all subcontractors in both quality and timeliness of their work.
- Perform and coordinate all duties in conjunction with the duties of the Project Manager.
- Perform all project start-up and close-out activities.
- Thoroughly understand, organize, and maintain all project contract documents on a regular basis.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and act as a mentor for development of other Superintendents.
- Assist the Project Manager with preparation of the project construction schedule in conjunction with input from the required Subcontractors.
- Coordinate implementation of the final project budget with the Project Manager.
- Conduct a Subcontractor pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager to review all Hourigan and project-specific requirements.
- Conduct regular Subcontractor coordination meetings with the Project Manager.
- Prepare and distribute all necessary project administrative documents including, but not limited to: daily reports, 3-week look ahead schedule, incident reports, safety inspection reports, material delivery tickets, investigation reports, etc.
- Identify and resolve all on-site project-specific issues in conjunction with the Project Manager and escalate the necessary issues up to the appropriate person.
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Quality Control procedures.
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Safety and emergency procedures.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Previous experience leading a job-site team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with construction software. CMiC and Bluebeam preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Commercial Construction Means and Methods, application of LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or family status, amnesty or protected military or veterans’ status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.