Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, drive and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared on a daily basis. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
The Marketing team drives Skillable's growth and brand visibility. We own all social media management, search engine optimization, email marketing, and other initiatives to attract, convert, and retain Skillable Customers.
The Senior Copywriter plays a key role in communicating to the market how hands-on learning and Skillable can help organizations achieve their goals. This role is responsible for developing and editing a wide range of copy from brand campaigns, print and digital ads, collateral, web pages, email and video that convey our services and their benefits clearly to clients. This person will also collaborate with a word-class marketing team, resulting in brilliant ideas that help move Skillable and our brand forward.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with executives to interpret technical writing and concepts and articulate them into crisp marketing sound bites aimed at C-level executives and decision-makers.
- Collaborate with the marketing and public relations teams to interview stakeholders and ghost write articles for subject matter experts to support brand awareness and enhance Skillable’s reputation.
- Identify, partner and source material from subject matter experts as you lead the development of new content.
- Work with the demand generation team on thoughtful, provoking content for digital ads.
- Identify content gaps in the buyer’s journey and lead the asset creation.
- Brainstorm and draft campaign and thought leadership content ideas.
- Create well-researched, industry-related content that is relevant to target audiences and bolsters Skillable’s reputation as the leader in hands-on learning and skill validation.
- Conceptualize and write strategic, audience-first marketing copy across varied formats including web pages, email, digital and print ads, short videos and other pieces.
- Serve as a consultant to stakeholders on how to best execute written pieces, bringing an understanding of the organization’s overall strategic goals and partnering with design, production and digital marketing colleagues.
- Promote brand consistency through writing style, tone and voice, serving as an organization-wide resource.
- Grow Skillable’s digital footprint through net-new content development and existing content optimization.
- Peer review the work of other writers to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- Manage and maintain Skillable content assets across their lifecycle.
- Manage the editorial calendar and help mold the content strategy.
- Measure, track and report on content performance.
- Work with digital team to create SEO-optimized content to grow organic traffic.
- Assist with internal communications including all employee communications, product updates, and company events.
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (journalism, communications, or other discipline with a heavy writing focus) or relevant professional experience
- 8+ years of editing and copywriting experience in Technology or Learning / HR field required.
- Strong command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation and spelling as well as a diverse vocabulary.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, tone.
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership skills, good judgment and the ability to effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels.
- Demonstrated success learning quickly and understanding the business well enough to write credibly about it.
- Strong attention to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, producing accurate work in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Experience using HubSpot, Salesforce, Dynamics preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Experience working cross-functionally and promoting collaborative partnerships to drive results
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to various audiences/levels including leadership through various mediums
- Detail oriented and organized
The job conditions for this position are in a remote home office setting, requiring a space that supports privacy and focus to attend to regular and frequent video and voice calls. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Travel is anticipated up to 10% of the time for critical business meetings and industry events.