SUMMARY: The Pickleball Instructor will be responsible for instructing and supervising adults & youth in a group setting while assisting with skill development.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for teaching and instructing pickleball lessons to children and adults.
- Inventory and maintain equipment to assure preservation of equipment and safety of members.
- Make sure the environment is clean and safe for the participants.
- Teach classes and one day pickleball events and clinics.
- Enforce program rules and policies and procedures of the organization.
- Assist in developing a lesson plan for the program and evaluating the skill level of participants.
- Maintain accurate records and complete forms and reports as required.
- Develop positive relationships with members to personalize the classes and encourage active participation and program growth.
- Work as a team member with all staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and management to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and required staff training throughout the year.
- Seek continuing education experiences to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of the sport.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper techniques to all participants.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community as needed during the work shift to perform assigned duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lead in a variety of activities, including verbal coaching and visual monitoring.
- Must be outgoing and able to lead in a group setting.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, occasionally walking and running.
- Must be able to demonstrate sport techniques.
- Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing .
- Dresses appropriately and professionally in required uniform and name badge.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.