The Regional Sales Manager’s (RSM) primary responsibility is to meet/exceed the company’s sales goals within the assigned territory.
- Create and maintain account and territory plans in order to establish and achieve the territory’s sales objectives
- Establish and foster a customer centric culture by establishing relationships with physicians and other hospital stakeholders
- Adopt a sophisticated approach to professional growth through continuous improvement in the following areas: results orientation, adept management of product approval processes, territory development, and superior clinical knowledge
- Contribute practices and creative suggestions to the other members of the team
- Utilize computer based customer/account management systems to track contacts, activity and follow up
- Complete timely activity reports and deliver monthly/quarterly business reviews as requested
- Assist with trade show exhibits and attend periodic company sponsored sales meetings
- Work with surgeons to increase exposure through SPR presentations at Grand Rounds, journal club meetings and poster presentations
- Assist with identification of cases for case studies, white papers and video library additions
- Remain current in all RepTrax and similar third party accreditation requirements to ensure full access to each target account
- Contribute and assist with project team activities as assigned, including team participation.
- Coordinate and facilitate the hospital product approval process
- Assist with identification of additional target hospitals and physicians within territory
- Assist with training of surgeons and hospital staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Experience, Competencies, Education:
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in orthopedic or medical device sales.
- Minimum Bachelors degree, in related field preferred
- Ability to “concept” sell novel products
- Success in a start-up environment and/or launching new products
- Customer & account profiling ability
- Track record of consistently exceeding sales and topping team “leader boards”
- Rich professional references documenting the respect of previous supervisors and tier one customers
- An entrepreneurial orientation, high initiative, self-directed orientation
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Essential customer service skills/experience required, with strong focus on ensuring the customer needs are met consistently, quickly and accurately, without compromising the organizational needs.
- Strong self-starter, who is also an effective team player, with great consensus building skills.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of communication/advertising materials and programs and make appropriate recommendations
- Experience developing and implementing tools to secure accurate feedback regarding business needs and improvements from internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to communicate customer requirements effectively to others within the Company. Ability to anticipate the timing and need for new promotional materials
- Ability to work effectively through phone and email for company management
- Comfortable in a start-up environment, but willing to grow into a larger formalized organization
- Ability to effectively work in a “virtual environment” at home or at a centrally located office
- Ability to “get the job done” in a we-can-do environment, allowing for flexible hours, depending upon the project and/or customer needs
- Small office environment (does own documentation and interacts directly with others in virtually all situations)
- Extensive daytime travel with occasional overnights and weekends but flexible with most planning done by the employee within Company guidelines.