Are you looking for a fun and rewarding career in retail? Do you enjoy working with people and providing excellent customer service? If so, then you're perfect for the Front End Cashier position at Norfolk Hardware!
As a Front End Cashier, you'll be responsible for greeting customers, ringing up their purchases, and providing them with a positive shopping experience. You'll also be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized checkout area.
We're looking for someone who is friendly, outgoing, and has a strong attention to detail. You should also be able to work well under pressure and be able to multi-task.
In return, we offer competitive wages, flexible hours, and a fun and supportive work environment. We also offer a variety of benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
The rate of pay is up to $17.00/per hour.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to:
• Be efficient - ring up customers' purchases quickly and accurately, and handle cash, checks, and credit card transactions per company policy
• Be proactive - assist customers by answering questions, directing them to items in the store, or inquiries via phone
• Be a team Player - work together as a team to assist other cashiers when needed and identify possible shrinkage by pointing out items on carts or under carriages they may not be able to see
• Be organized - Keep the register area clean and stocked with bags, register tape, pens, etc
• Be reliable - regular, on-time attendance is an essential function of this job
• Be positive & Friendly - maintain a positive image as a Norfolk employee and address all situations in a professional manner
• Be a customer Focused - ask questions, interact with customers, and create a Positive Customer Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good communication and customer service skills via face-to-face and phone, with a varying customer base
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
• Good computer skills
• Ability to assist customers with product inquiries
• Ability to complete basic math
Education and Experience
• 1+ year of customer service/cashier experience (preferably with one employer)
• Hardware store experience desired
• Neat and presentable appearance
• Professional demeanor
• Able to stand for long periods
• Frequently needed to walk the store and occasionally climb step stool or ladder
• Able to communicate verbally with customers
• Able to read computer screens and price tags with small print
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.