The PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Client Advocate.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide case management, crisis support, outreach, and referral services and information needed to ensure continuity of care for clients of the Kwawachee Counseling Center.
- Provide on-call crisis management to PTHA and KCC clients.
- Ability to competently screen and/or respond to clients with suicide thoughts/behaviors, using evidenced based practice approaches.
- Review urgent care activities with KCC Triage Team and/or Clinical Supervisor for each instance (100% of the time).
- Respond to urgent case management referrals within 24 hours.
- Assist clients with non-urgent financial program applications to agencies (e.g., SSI, etc.) and respond to referrals within five (5) business days.
- Establish and maintain client case files, ensuring current quality standards, as required by WAC and any other accrediting body and/or county/government/contract entities. Observing the sundown rule 95% of the time.
- Maintain assigned groups’ calendar(s) one month in advance and keep group closet clean and organized.
- Coordinate support activities with PTHA staff and other community service agencies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with school, institutions, hospitals and agencies to assist patients.
- Develop and implement psycho-education groups for all aged clients.
- Provide community education and outreach services for clients and their families.
- Foster community involvement and understanding of behavioral health issues including reducing MH stigma.
- Maintain a computerized department filing system and data base(s) for program outcomes with community members, stakeholders and other related agencies/organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other Human Services related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the Human Services field, working with mental health clients and families.
- Must have experience in the implementation of effective primary and secondary prevention interventions.
- Must obtain upon hire a current WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration, Certified Advisor certification or Certified Counselor certification.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health record systems.