North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation (Advanced Energy) is a nonprofit energy consulting firm headquartered on NC State University’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh, NC. We strive to ensure that energy is clean, affordable, reliable, efficient and safe for all people. We work with electric utilities; state, federal and local governments; manufacturers and a variety of public and private partners in five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, renewables and electric transportation.
At Advanced Energy, we know that our organization thrives only when our employees are valued and supported. You will be aided in your career goals and be put in a position to excel. You’ll work on teams that promote idea sharing and challenge you to learn and expand your expertise. You’ll also be encouraged to seek work-life balance, with flexible hybrid schedules and an array of leave options so you can spend time with family and pursue personal interests.
We are also committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our staff is the most valuable resource we have, and we appreciate that our employees come from varied backgrounds, cultures and experiences. By providing a supportive and respectful environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, Advanced Energy makes a lasting, positive difference in all of the work we do.
Benefits – Visit our website for more information and a full list of employee benefits – www.advancedenergy.org.
Coordinate and perform administrative support activities for assigned business unit(s) and/or team(s)
- Perform front office duties including welcoming visitors, answering multi-line telephone, providing information to callers and/or routing to other personnel and mail distribution. Will rotate regularly as receptionist as well as providing backup coverage during absences
- Maintain calendars and scheduling for business units and teams
- Create, update and maintain documents, reports and files (including presentations, graphs, spreadsheets, mailing lists, etc.) using MS Office software
- Perform data entry into applicable databases
- Coordinate staff travel and lodging
- Respond to customer, supplier, vendor and public inquiries
- Troubleshoot and remedy office equipment issues and provide support to staff
- Transcribe minutes during meetings
- Provide back-up support for other administrative assistants as needed
- Assist with accounting processes such as processing credit card reconciliations and logging deposit
- Prepare check requests for payments
- Maintain and operate billing processes for teams to submit to accounting for invoicing
- Assist with data collection, preparation and reporting
- Prepare and disseminate surveys to internal staff and/or external clients and compile information
- Recommend and coordinate vendors supplying AE with products or services such as coffee, office supplies, beverages, etc.
- Assist with facility management by coordinating with cleaning crew, proprietor or other relevant parties to address concerns
- Provide USPS and FedEx shipping support
- Mentor and provide training for junior administrative staff
Events and Workshop Support
- Coordinate logistics for corporate events, workshops, social activities, etc. as requested
- Assist in marketing of events and process registrations
- Negotiate, secure and coordinate event venue and catering
- Prepare information and materials for events and/or workshops and disseminate to participants
- Ship materials for off-site trainings, events or conferences
- Serve as host of events
- Attend offsite events or workshops as needed
Specialty Functions (May assist in one or more areas)
Project Management Support
- Assist Project Manager or other personnel with coordination and implementation of project activities for assigned team
- Coordinating meetings, conference calls, presentations, workshops, client visits, travel and other events associated with assigned project(s)
- Create reports, spreadsheets and correspondence as requested
- Learn to use applicable software applications to perform project management. Schedule tasks and research issues with other team members to resolve problems
- Serve as back-up for Project Manager during short absences such as vacation
- Communicate any process improvement strategies to team
Information Technology Support
- Serve as an assistant to IT to Troubleshoot, report and solve any virtual meeting software issues
- Make recommendations to staff for appropriate virtual meeting platforms, depending upon meeting needs
- Schedule, prepare and manage virtual meetings
- Provide hands-on meeting technology support on behalf of IT (virtual meeting platform, microphone, camera, laptop, and similar)
- Assist IT with writing procedural and/or training documentation on virtual meeting platforms and hardware
- Assist the Human Resources department with recruiting and onboarding
o Recruiting - post open positions to job boards, upload resumes/leads, schedule phone screens, interviews and candidate follow-ups
o Onboarding – assist teams with scheduling new hire onboarding and orientations
- High school diploma with 7-9 years of administrative support experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Expert in Microsoft Office software skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote and Teams
- Proficiency with virtual platforms, including Microsoft Teams and WebEx
- Ability to work well under pressure and make quick decisions
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Individual must have excellent organizational skills, be very detailed oriented, take the initiative regarding assigned responsibilities, and be able to work independently and with minimal direction
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to multi-task and prioritize many activities, and have sensitivity in dealing with confidential information
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
This job requires the individual to work indoors in a normal office environment. The duties and responsibilities of this position may include the ability to remain in a stationary position for most of the time. The individual will operate the computer, printer and other office equipment to perform the job and may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access files and other office machinery. The individual will spend a great amount of time in front of a computer screen and will frequently interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in an appropriate manner. The job may require occasional lifting or moving of boxes or objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
This is a hybrid hourly non-exempt position, and you will receive separate or additional remuneration for work in excess of 40 hours per week. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. It is not an implied contract of employment.
To apply click HERE or copy and paste address into browser - [https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1948033/North-Carolina-Advanced-Energy-Corporation/Administrative-Assistant-III]. Cover letter and resume preferred.
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provide fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all other protected statuses under federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions are based on job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org