Reports To: Operations Coordinator and Intern Coordinator
Work Location: In-Office (DC Headquarters)
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time or Part-Time
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Position Summary: The DCCC Internship Program is designed to give substantial exposure to practical campaign style politics on a national level. Interns will be placed with varying departments based on interest and skill set. This is a great opportunity to help Democrats win back the Majority and learn the ins and outs of a Congressional Campaign. The DCCC Internship Program will start on Monday, January 22nd and end on Friday, April 12th, 2024. This position requires a commitment to interning at least 20 hours per week during the Internship term. All applications must be submitted by October 16th, 2023 EOD to be considered for the Spring program.
- Perform department-specific duties, that may include staffing events, making Hill runs, assisting departments with short term and long term projects.
- Assist the Operations team by providing excellent customer service at the Committee’s front desk, greeting guests, checking committee voicemail, and restocking the cafes and open areas;
- Perform other duties as assigned, providing support to other departments as needed and directed by the department supervisor or Operations team.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to helping Democrats take back the House majority.
- Proactively fosters an inclusive atmosphere and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
Why You Should Work Here:
- We recognize and reward hard work
- A stipend and travel reimbursement is provided, with the option of school credit available.
- Opportunity to contribute to a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America cares about most.
- Learn, develop, and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns.
- Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation.
- Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues.
- Gain experience in cross-team interaction and exposure to other functions and departments within the DCCC.
- Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels regarding hiring, contracting, and political strategy
- Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2024 election cycle.
About the DCCC:
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U. S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, digital strategy, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio, digital, and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hard-working professionals who are committed to electing Democrats and protecting the House majority.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy:
DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), religion, age, disability, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, weight, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, economic status, genetic information, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for vendors to contract with DCCC. DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both staff and vendors.
Diversity Mission Statement:
The diversity mission of DCCC is for DCCC to reflect the diversity of the country, which strengthens the core mission of electing House Democrats. To that end, DCCC strives to create an inclusive environment that cultivates and supports diversity at every organizational level, including its staff, candidates, and contractors.