Chmura Economics & Analytics, LLC (“Chmura”) is a leading economic advisory and technology development firm specializing in “big data” analytics. Operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, Chmura’s finance team strives to effectively manage both present and future cash flows. We have an exciting opportunity for a diligent Accounting Specialist to join our Finance team. This role will be responsible for full life cycle accounts receivable management, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoicing. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative with extreme attention to detail and familiar with the intricacies of SaaS subscription billing.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2 years of accounts receivable experience.
- Strong systems experience (Accounting Software, Salesforce, Invoicing Software) and ability to quickly master new software tools.
- Expert in navigating and reviewing complex contracts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Able to handle multiple competing deadlines and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Excel including the ability to manipulate data, filter and develop basic formulas.
- Maintain up-to-date records of our existing clients to ensure accurate billing.
- Become a subject matter expert in understanding our contracts as they relate to the invoicing process.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Sales on complex billing and contracting issues, assisting with execution of customer contracts, amendments, and addendums as needed.
- Generate and process monthly invoices for SaaS subscriptions, taking into account various pricing tiers, lengths of service and contract changes using the subscription billing system, Maxio, and ensure the invoices are accurate and timely.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Sales and Finance to prevent and resolve billing discrepancies, address customer inquiries, assist clients with timely payments, and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Process new SaaS and professional services contracts.
- Improve AR performance though concise AR Aging metrics.
- Become proficient in understanding of company AR Collections life cycle, especially related to root cause analysis and AR aging prevention
- Weekly reporting on AR, and additional reporting as needed.
- Balance AR management with supporting occasional projects and ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, automation, and efficiency within the billing and AR function. Implement best practices.
Chmura is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
We back our colleagues with the following benefits/programs:
- Competitive base salaries
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance benefits, 100% of premium paid by Chmura
- Commuter Benefits (Flexible Spending Account)
- Up to a 4% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave for expecting parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free and confidential support for counseling, personal and work-related issues through our employer-sponsored service with Anthem (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. Chmura provides labor market software (JobsEQ), consulting, and data so you can make informed decisions that grow your community or organization. Our PhD economists, data scientists, and strategic planners are your guide to the labor market. Chmura understands that good data is the backbone of critical thinking. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to each and every client. Our vision is be the nation's preferred provider of economic research, software, and data solutions.
Chmura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Chmura promotes a drug-free workplace. Chmura will consider for employment, qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, following applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.