Your primary focus as a Multifamily Closer will be to process and close Investment Real Estate loans. This includes bridge loans, construction loans, lines of credit, and partnering with other Agency (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD) Closers on complex transactions. No two transactions are ever the same here at Merchants and that is because we work to meet our customers’ goals through flexible financing options. Can you confidently work independently, enjoy solving complex problems, and are not a “box checker”? If yes, then Apply TODAY!
In one year as a Multifamily Closer, you know you will be successful if you…
- Order, track, & maintain 3rd party reports.
- Request, retrieve, and track due diligence documents from the client.
- Submit and track insurance reviews with internal staff to ensure compliance with Bank requirements.
- Coordinate with the Bank’s legal representatives to schedule loan closings, while collecting required items needed for closing from the Borrower, Bank, or Legal Team.
- Create Settlement Statements for closing and overseeing the loan disbursements and third-party payments.
What we are looking for…
- A bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, business administration, or a related field, requiring 4 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Intermediate experience with all Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner, and the ability to work closely with other internal departments to close a loan in a timely manner.
- The ideal candidate will have processed and closed loans in New York City.
ABOUT MERCHANTS CAPITAL
With over 30 years of success built on putting people first, Merchants Capital is a proven leader in financing for multifamily housing nationwide. Our licenses with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA, in addition to our bank’s balance sheet products, allow us to offer custom solutions with agility and ease of execution, expanding access to housing in meaningful and impactful ways. Recognized as a top five affordable lender, Merchants Capital pairs our comprehensive debt offerings with in-house tax credit equity to provide a one-stop-shop for developers and owners. To learn more about Merchants Capital, visit www.merchantscapital.com.